Looking for a tasty breakfast alternative to oatmeal and egg whites that you can prepare in bulk and eat on the go? Well, then this quick and easy recipe is for you. I typically workout early in the morning and then eat my post-workout meal/breakfast on my long drive to work. These muffins are a quick and convenient way to eat a balanced breakfast that meets my macros while on the go. They are moist, hearty and not to sweet. If you are looking for a chocolate brownie or cookie alternative these are not for you.
What you will need:
- 226 grams of Low Fat Cottage Cheese
- 2 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 oz Natural Applesauce (unsweetened)
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Cashew or Almond Milk
- 1 container of liquid egg whites (or 10 egg whites)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 cup baking stevia
- 3 scoops chocolate Whey Protein Powder
- 2 cups Oat Meal
- 3 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Blend cottage cheese, vanilla, applesauce and cashew milk in blender until smooth.
- Pour into mixing bowl and whisk in eggs. Whisk for ~ 50 strokes
- Whisk in remaining ingredients in order listed and mix well
- Let sit 5-10 minutes to thicken
- Evenly pour or scoop into 24 paper lined or sprayed muffin tins
- Sprinkle with raw cacao nibs or slivered almonds (optional)
- Back at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or until middle is done. I use multi rack convection bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit.
Nutrition Facts (per muffin):
62 Calories, 1g Fat, 7g Carbs, 6 g Protein (I usually eat 4 at a time)