I love eggs but find it hard to find time to make them in the morning during the work week. I eat a lot of oatmeal muffin cups but wanted something a little more savory. This weekend while food prepping for my 22 Minute Hard Corps challenge, I tried out a new way to cook my eggs and loved the results. To make things a lot easier, I buy my peppers and onions pre-cut in the freezer section or fresh food section.
Here is what you need:
- Diced peppers, onions and some fresh baby spinach
- Cooking spray
- 12 whole eggs
- Seasonings of your choice (Mrs. Dash, Salt, Pepper, Red Pepper Flakes, Garlic Powder, etc.)
- Muffin Tin
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Spray generously with non-stick cooking spray and add veggies (no spinach)
- Sauté veggies until cooked and add fresh spinach
- Continue sautéing until spinach is wilted and cooked
- Spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray
- Evenly spoon vegetable mixture into each muffin cup
- Add one egg to each cup
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approximately 20 minutes or until egg is cooked
Enjoy with whole grain sprouted toast or corn tortillas!
If you are following the 22 Minute Hard Corps or 21 Day Fix this would equal 1 Red, 1 Green and 1 Yellow. Serve with the cheese and add one blue.