Being a mom is hard work. This blog is really great at putting things into perspective and adding a little humor. I found true joy recently as a mom when I stopped comparing myself to other moms and accepted who I am. I still find inspiration in others moms and try to improve on my approach (yelling less, more patients, etc.) but don’t measure my worth against them. I am a very unique individual and mom and my boys would have it no other way. Michelle is my friend and one of the many moms that inspires me to be better. Her blog is great!
- it ain’t for the faint of heart
- it is often thankless
- it is beautiful (and it is a mess)
- is not the same for everyone – it comes dressed up in different clothes, is achieved through many different methods and definitely doesn’t fit into some mold or come from a cookie cutter
- it is the hardest and best job you’ll ever have (unless your job is giving away someone else’s money to help worthy causes and then it might be a tie)
- it is so many things and is so simple all at once
The list could go on and no doubt, having just passed Mother’s Day, your own ideas and feelings about motherhood are fresh in your mind. Here’s what I’ve been thinking.
a) I don’t always know what I’m doing. It sucks that there is not a how-to manual or a choose-your-own-adventure style manual (e.g., “If your…
View original post 638 more words