Some days I just want to have my cake and eat it to. Today was that day. I woke up and decided I wanted to eat cake for breakfast. Why not, it is FRIDAY! I am 15 weeks out from my 3rd NPC Bikini competition and starting to dial in my nutrition. Basically, I can’t eat real cake anymore so I improvised. I did some research online and found a few protein mug cake recipes. I have saved many of them on Pinterest, but to be honest, I never really made one. I thought it was too good to be true. A healthy cake that takes only a few minutes to make? Yeah, that probably can’t taste very good. Well, I was wrong, way wrong (just don’t tell my husband I admitted to being wrong).
So here is what you need to enjoy some cake on this beautiful June morning!
- 1 scoop chocolate Shakeology
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- dash of salt
- 2 packets of stevia
- 1 egg
- 2-3 tbsp of unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 cup blueberries (optional)
- Mix shakeology, baking powder, salt and stevia in coffee mug.
- Add egg and mix well (it now tastes like thick brownie batter).
- Add milk and mix well.
- Dump blueberries into mixer and press to bottom.
- Microwave for 90 seconds
1 whole cake is only 255 Calories, 7g fat, 22g carbs, and 23g protein!
Looks great! I’ve only made one mug cake before but it turned out really good. 😀