Are you looking for a healthy breakfast muffin you can grab on the go? I took a recipe shared by a friend and modified it to fit into a healthy clean eating plan. To do this I simply replaced the sugar with stevia and replaced the all purpose flour with a mixture of oat flour, coconut flour and whey protein powder. The sugar wasn’t really necessary because they are naturally sweet from the banana. I also replaced the plain Greek yogurt that the original recipe called for with fat free ricotta cheese. This helped eliminate the need for the sugar because plain Greek yogurt can taste pretty sour. Ricotta on the other hand doesn’t need much to sweeten it up. Yum!
Here is what you need:
- 275 g banana smashed
- 6 egg whites (or 6 servings of liquid egg whites)
- 1/4 cup fat free ricotta
- 1 tsp pure almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats blended into flour consistency
- 4 tbsp coconut flour
- 2 scoops vanilla why protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 5-10 packets of stevia
- Mix all wet ingredients in a bowl except blueberries (save blueberries for the end)
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients.
- Mix well and fold in 1 cup blueberries
- Pour mixture into 12 muffin cups lined with parchment paper cups or sprayed very well
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until done in middle.
1 Muffin is 93 Calories, 12 g Carbs, 9 g Protein and 1 g Fat