Don’t be discouraged by the long title, this breakfast bake is delicious! As my competition approaches I have to reduce many things from my diet. Instead of just eating plain oatmeal and eggwhites for breakfast I like to get creative so if feels like I have variety, when in all reality I am still just eating a fancy version of oatmeal and egg whites. I pretty much make my muffin and oatmeal bake recipes from scratch every time and just upload the recipe into myfitnesspal to get the marco breakdown (nutritional facts). I share how I do this in the video link below along with how I taste test to ensure the recipe will turn out good.
So here is what you need for this yummy bake! I made it into a oatmeal bake because I didn’t have parchment paper muffin cups and hate scrubbing out my pan. You can make this into 12 muffins and cut the nutritional facts in half.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 red delicious apple shredded
- 1 small container of liquid egg whites (30 tbsp)
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups quick cooking oats (plain)
- 2 scoops vanilla whey protein
- 1 scoop vanilla casein protein (if you do not have this add 1 more scoop whey)
- 2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1-3 tsp cinnamon (depends on your taste buds)
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- stevia to taste
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- dash of salt
- Mix all wet ingredients together
- Mix all dry ingredients in separate bowl and then add to wet ingredients
- Mix well, taste test and add more (if needed) stevia, spices and extracts until you love the taste
- Pour into 12 parchment paper lined muffin cups or a 6 x 9 casserole dish sprayed with non-stick spray
- Bake at 350 until set in middle (time varies depending on if you make muffins or bake in casserole dish)
Nutritional Facts (for 6 servings of oatmeal bake):
243 Calories, 4 g Fat, 26 g Carbs, 26 g Protein
Can I use rolled oats?
Do I ring out the zucchini?
Yes, rolled oats should be fine and I do not ring out the zucchini
How can I blend this recipe with the banana one? I’d like to add the zucchini.
I would just add a cup of zucchini and see how it turns out.