I am leaving for the weekend and needed a quick on the go snack to bring with me. I decided to clean out my cupboards and create a healthy protein muffin that I can replace any meal with as needed. It has been awhile since I posted a recipe and if you follow my blog you know protein muffins are one of my favorite things to make. Today’s creation turned out so good I had to share (chocolate pumpkin heaven good!). I used the chocolate protein powder I had in my house but you could make these with whatever brand you have or love. It is still officially fall so pumpkin is a staple in all recipes, right? Who doesn’t love pumpkin!?!? (and chocolate, who doesn’t love pumpkin and chocolate!?!? oh, and protein, who doesn’t love chocolate, pumpkin and protein !?!?)
Here is what you need (I basically pulled a shit ton of ingredients out of my cupboards and mixed them together until I loved the taste and consistency. I manually create a recipe in myfitnesspal and enter them as I go. This gives you the macro breakdown and keeps track of the recipe in case I want to re-create it or post it):
- 1 1/2 cup all natural canned pumpkin
- 3 servings of liquid egg whites
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 10 tsp stevia
- 2 scoops chocolate whey protein
- 1 scoop chocolate casein protein
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp flax seeds
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 3 tbsp cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
How to make:
- Mix all the wet ingredients together in large bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients one at a time, mix well.
- Scoop into lined muffin cups (I use parchment paper liners, the rest stick).
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes until done in center (be careful not to over cook, they will be dry).
Tried these from a friend today & loved them! I will be making them soon. 🙂 I’m trying to enter them into my fitness pal app and I’m wondering how many this serves? Thank you!
It depends on how many muffins you make, I may have made 15 based on the photo but unfortunately I don’t recall and I forgot to add it to the post. Create a recipe in fitnesspal, tell it 12 servings, add all the ingredients, save and then go back and edit serving size if you filled more than 12 muffin cups.