A typical “clean breakfast” for a bikini competitor is oatmeal and egg whites. Well, that is a little boring for me and hard to eat on the go. I got creative with the ripe bananas I had and all the stuff filling my fridge and cupboards and made these quick and easy breakfast muffins.
Ingredients: (Mix wet in one bowl and dry in another)
- 2 ripe bananas smashed (~260grams)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 container of egg beaters egg whites (30 tbsp.)
- 1 cup nonfat plain greek yougurt
- 1 cup unsweetened cashew or almond milk
- 2 scoops cinnabun hydrolyzed whey isolate (or protein powder of your choice)
- 1 scoop vanilla casein protein powder (this keeps you full longer)
- 2 cups dry oatmeal
- 24g (1tbsp) of chia seeds
- 1/2 cup baking stevia or use stevia packets to taste (this is because I like things sweet)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Smash banana and add all wet ingredients to one large bowl. Mix well
- Place all dry ingredients in bowl and mix well
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients, mix well and let sit for 5 or more minutes (The batter will thicken while the chia seeds and oats expand)
- Line 24 muffin tins with baking cups or spray with non-stick spray
- Spoon batter evenly into the 24 muffin tins
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes or until muffins are browned and no liquid remains in middle (do not over cook or they will be dry!)
- Enjoy 3-4 muffins for breakfast!
Nutrition Facts per muffin:
72 Calories, 1 g fat, 9g carbs, 7 g protein.
Need more fat? Spread a thin layer of coconut butter or peanut butter on top. Yummy!
These are made with all clean ingredients and have no sugar. Store them in the refrigerator or they will grow mold quickly! Also, I freeze half of the batch and pull out at the start of each week.
Here is a tip for travelers: Pack frozen muffins in suitcase and they will thaw while you travel. Place them in fridge at your hotel and enjoy a balanced breakfast!