During the week I don’t have time to cook breakfast and I eat most of my meals on the go (car, gym, at my desk, etc.). I also don’t have time to dice up vegetables in the kitchen so I threw this recipe together last night and it was scrumptious!
- 12 servings of liquid egg whites (~1 1/2 containers)
- 1 cup diced bell peppers and onions (I buy these already diced in the fresh produce section or frozen at Trader Joes. I highly recommend buying the frozen or fresh diced onions and peppers if you are a busy mom.)
- 4 oz of diced ham ( I use Costco’s black forest ham)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sauté onions and peppers over medium high heat using cooking spray.
- Add ham and sauté until hot.
- Spoon cooked peppers and ham evenly into 12 muffin tins either lined or sprayed with cooking spray.
- Fill each cup with egg whites (3-5 tablespoons each). Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper if you would like.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until eggs are cooked all the way through.
47 calories per muffin, 2g carbs, 1g fat, 8g protein ( I eat at least 4 of them. Serve with a slice of Ezekiel bread if you need some clean carbs)
Tips and Tricks:
Open myfitnesspal and add this as a new recipe while you are prepping it. You can scan the barcodes on the food and upload it quickly. I use a food scale to measure out my portions so that the macro nutrients (Carbs, fat, protein) are accurate. This makes it really easy to add this food to your diary for the day. I have over 30 recipes in myfitnesspal now and I log my food daily. If you want to be fitnesspals my username is Nicole_j.